Glenmark’s BEAT® [Bispecific Engagement by Antibodies based on the T cell receptor] platform is a series of technologies that creates therapeutic agents that closely mimic the appearance, activity and stability of naturally occurring antibodies. Bispecific antibodies (bsAbs), unlike conventional monoclonal antibodies, can bind two different antigens, or targets, simultaneously. By engaging naturally occurring T cells, for example, bsAbs can activate the immune system to attack and kill tumor cells. The modulation of two targets with a single agent allows the generation of new biological effects, meaning that new therapies can be developed for diseases that are difficult to treat with existing medicines.
How BEAT® Works
Preclinically, BEAT® bsAbs have demonstrated the potential for more potent, localized activity without depending on the broader systemic responses of antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) and complement-dependent cytotoxicity (CDC) seen with many currently approved therapeutic antibodies. In addition, BEAT® bsAbs’ structural similarity to naturally occurring antibodies may result in an increased half-life, compared to currently approved bispecific therapeutic antibodies, and a decreased likelihood of immunogenicity.
Key Engineering Features:
- Heavy chain heterodimerization technology based on bio-mimicry
- Compatibility with standard antibody production processes
- High production yields from proprietary expression cassettes
- BEAT® antibodies are manufactured from a stable CHO cell line using standard processes
- Ability to modify Fc mediated effector functions
- Built-in purification technology facilitates manufacturing to commercial scale
- Regular antibody pharmacokinetics
- Low immunogenicity profile
- scFv x FAB BEAT® antibodies are easily identifiable from their unique Molecular Weight
Click here to view our innovative pipeline.